Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New Look: Short 'n Curly Hair

I can't believe that it's been over a year since I had the chance to do a little hair modeling for World Love Hair Salon (as I wrote about in this past Post).  When I went in for a haircut a few months ago, and mentioned that I was going home for good this summer, the stylists thought it'd be a good idea to have one last photo shoot. 


Naturally, I have long, very straight hair.  Last year, Maico (the stylist) used my real hair.  Although she ended up winning - eventually curling my hair and getting volume for last year's shoot - she decided to go a different route this year: short and curly. 


She was aware that I did not want to cut my hair and get a perm, so the solution was to fit me for a wig.  This shoot was a first for several things: first wig, first time with short hair, first time with curly hair, first time with false eyelashes (just on the outside of the upper lids), and the first time with gold flakes on my ear. It took about 2.5 hours for preparation, and I discovered just how hard it is for me to sit still for so long!  And then the actual photo shoot took about thirty minutes on top of that. In all, not that long.  But the sitting still for so long, and wearing a tight wig, was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  I'm willing to give a little more credit to professional models now. 


Without further ado, here's a few (pre-editing) photos: 




















No comments:

Post a Comment